About Educator Provider Support (EPS)
The EPS grant was established in 2010 to build an interconnected network of service partners throughout the state to streamline services and increase access to professional development for the early education and out-of-school time field. EEC envisions a system of regional partners, coordinated by a lead agent, offering professional development at the state, regional and local levels, communicating EEC initiatives to educators and programs, responding to the needs of the field, and creating pathways for educators to increase their competencies and improve quality for children across Massachusetts.
The EPS grant focuses on three core areas to deliver these services and meet the needs of the field.
- Educator and Provider (program) Planning: To help educators and providers (programs) create and implement individualized pathways and plans that include an assessment of knowledge, skills, and abilities (competency) and are reflective of the educator's experience, expertise, and individual career and academic goals.
- Coaching and Mentoring: To provide the necessary support services including individual career and academic advising to help educators and providers (programs) make informed and appropriate educational choices that advance professional growth.
- Competency Development: To support the attainment of knowledge, skills, and abilities through qualified professional development that addresses theory to practice, utilizes reflection, and is individualized to meet educator and provider (program) needs.
This grant is also based on specific educational and professional development goals:
- Educators are supported to increase competency and earn a degree, certificate, or credential in early childhood education or a related field.
- Educators have access to the resources and supports (coaching and mentoring) to set and achieve professional and academic goals.
- Providers (programs) receive supports and resources to achieve and maintain accreditation.
- Providers (programs) are supported in upward movement on EEC's Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
- Educators and Providers (programs) are working on specific activities based on individualized professional development plans to achieve one of the grant's goals.
For more information about the history and the purpose of the EPS Grant please visit the EPS PAGE on the EEC website.