Frequently Asked Questions
Child Development and Education, Inc., lead agent for the QRIS Measurement Tool Grant, prescribes to the following registration policies for all professional development opportunities
Please read these policies prior to registering for any EPS Course.
- Only registrations with an active PQR number and Program ID number will be accepted for QRIS Measurement Tool Grant professional development opportunities.
- Pre-registration with payment is required for all courses/trainings. Checks, money orders and all major credit cards are accepted. Course registration fees are listed on each course/training flyer.
- A fee of $10.00 will be charged for any returned checks.
- It is recommended that you register at least four weeks before a course to ensure space availability.
- All QRIS Measurement Tool Grant course/training notices (i.e., cancellations, acceptances, changes, etc) will be sent to registrants by email only. QRIS Measurement Tool Grant contracts with trainers/instructors for each course/training and they will be provided your contact information for any other correspondence needs of the course.
- For all QRIS Measurement Tool Grant sponsored CEU courses, registrants must attend all scheduled dates as published in order to be awarded CEUs and receive the CEU certificate.
- Phone registrations are not accepted unless otherwise noted. Phone inquiries regarding a specific course/training are evncouraged. Contact information/instructors for courses/trainings are listed on the registration flyer. You may contact QRIS Measurement Tool Grant at 774.571.1890 mail inquiries to QRIS Measurement Tool Grant - Region 5 EPS,231 Main Street, Suite 100, Brockton, MA 02310 or email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrations are non-refundable except in the case QRIS Measurement Tool Grant must cancel due to under enrollment or other issues beyond our control. Credit applied towards a future training may be given to registrants who cancel 15 days in advance as long as slot can be filled. A processing fee of $5.00 will be deducted. Requests for credits will not be accepted after a course or training event.
- In the case of inclement weather, please call Nicole at 774.571.1890 after 1:00 PM on the day of session to receive information on status of course/training. For Saturday scheduled courses/trainings, registrants will be contacted by phone/email as early as the evening before, or as late as 7:30 am on that Saturday.
- Children may not accompany you to a course/training.
- If it is necessary to bring a snack with you to courses/trainings, please be cognizant of food allergies (particularly peanuts).
- Cell phone use is not permitted in course/trainings. Please silence cell phones before entering a course/training and avoid sending/receiving text messages.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate special needs of registrants. Please call at least 10 days prior to a course/training event to request assistance.
What trainings are available?
Through the QRIS measurement tool grant, we are offering the following trainings through the Commonwealth
- The Environment Rating Scales and the Arnett Caregiver Interaction Scale
- Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale and the Infant/Toddler Environment Rating Scale and the Arnett
- School-age Care Environment Rating Scale
and the Arnett
- Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale
and the Arnett
- Business Administration Scale (BAS)
a Business Plan
- Program Administration Scale (PAS)
- Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS)
- Assessing After-School Program Practices Tool (APT)
- Strengthening Families and the Five Protective Factors
How do I register for training?
Please visit our registration page
Can I take more than one training?
Yes, you may register for more than one training but please make every attempt to attend all trainings that you sign up for.
Can I take training in any EPS Region even if I am not located in that area?
Yes! Trainings are available to educators from all regions.
What is a PQ number?
A Professional Qualifications (PQ) number is generated from the Professional Qualification Registry. Any educator wishing to register for a QRIS Measurement tool training must have a PQ number. To register please visit: PQ REGISTRY
What is a program number?
A Program Number is assigned by EEC to all family child care educators and each center. This number can found on your EEC license. Please have your program number available when registering.
What is an IPDP?
IPDP stands for Individual Professional Development Plan. This helps you organize you short-term and long-term educational and professional development goals and determine the steps you need to take to achieve these goals. You can find a copy of an IPDP here.
What is QRIS?
QRIS is the Quality Rating and Improvement System for Massachusetts. Using a series of standards and self-assessment tools, educators can assess, improve and communicate the level of quality in early education and care and out-of-school time programs. For more information about MA QRIS please visit: QRIS OVERVIEW
What are CEU's?
The Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is a nationally recognized unit of measurement for noncredit continuing education programs. It is designed to document learning experiences that are valid in their own right but are not academic credits from a college or university. All of the QRIS Measurement Tool Trainings are a .5 CEU and represents 5 contact hours of participation in an organized education/training experience under responsible, qualified direction and instruction.
What are QRIS Measurement Tool Support Webinars?
Through the QRIS Measurement Tool Grant, we will be offering interactive support webinars for each of the QRIS Measurement Tool Trainings. Webinars will be help on a quarterly basis and you are welcome to register for any tool webinar to receive support. You can view a complete list of support webinars on our website.
Do I have needed to take a QRIS training in order to register for the QRIS Measurement Tool Support Webinar?
No, but you need to have experience with the tool and be actively implementing it in your program.